Description of RADAR4Chem
RADAR4Chem is an online service for the publication of research data resulting from completed scientific studies and projects.
It is based on the RADAR service and operated by FIZ Karlsruhe - Leibniz Institute for Information Infrastructure GmbH
(hereinafter referred to as "we" or "us"). As a data provider, you can use RADAR4Chem to compile research data into datasets,
annotate these datasets with metadata, store them permanently and make them publicly available.
RADAR4Chem allows for the permanent and unaltered storage of datasets for a defined period of time ("Retention Period") within
the scope of the storage quota provided for this project. For published datasets, RADAR4Chem guarantees actual storage of at least 25 years.
FIZ Karlsruhe ensures an uninterrupted functioning of the service as far as possible, but is entitled to interrupt access if this becomes
necessary for technical or legal reasons.
During the retention period, RADAR4Chem does not modify the stored datasets any more, but only ensures their physical preservation
("bitstream preservation"). Accordingly, RADAR4Chem guarantees neither the permanent usability nor the interpretability of the data contained in a dataset, as these depend on the availability of the data formats selected by the data provider and corresponding programs
for their interpretation.
Datasets in permanent storage can no longer be modified. In justified exceptional cases, the operator shall be entitled to block the datasets.
Justified exceptional cases include, for example, legal violations or incorrect data. In the case of a blocking, only the research data is blocked,
but not the metadata. These contain a note that the data has been blocked.
- For the purposes of RADAR4Chem on the basis of your chosen license you grant us simple, temporally and spatially unlimited rights
of use to the research data you have uploaded to the service. Your rights to the data are not thereby affected.
- You will license any transferred metadata with a Creative Commons (CC0) license and thus provide its free use by the general public.
- You release us from third party claims that could be made against us as a result of any legal or rights infringements perpetrated by
you and support us, if necessary, in fending off any claims made by third parties.
User Instructions RADAR4Chem
- FIZ Karlsruhe grants you as an entitled user within the scope of NFDI4Chem permission to use RADAR4Chem.
For this purpose you have received the role of data provider.
- As a data provider, you are entitled to upload research data into the RADAR4Chem repository.
- You are responsible for the accuracy of the research data that you upload.
- For the time being, uploading personal research data into the RADAR4Chem repository is not permitted. Such data must be anonymized before they are uploaded.
- When publishing a dataset, you must assign a license that governs usage rights in relation to possible reuse of the dataset. RADAR4Chem offers various appropriate licenses.
- You are entitled to use RADAR4Chem free of charge.
- Your personal data is used exclusively for the provision of the RADAR4Chem service in accordance with Arts. 6(1) (a) and (f) GDPR
(consent; the legitimate interests of the data controller in particular maintaining the operability of the service.)
The data is used in order to identify RADAR users and to contact them in relation to the provision of the service.
Please also read our
implement appropriate technical and organizational data security measures.
- RADAR4Chem may only be used to publish research data.
- You must not upload any illegal content - e.g., content that is offensive, seditious, or glorifies violence -
into the RADAR4Chem repository. You must also ensure that the publication of the posted data does not violate
any conflicting rights of third parties to this data.
- If we are made aware of violations of law relating to a dataset, we reserve the right, without consultation,
to block access to this dataset and, if necessary, to delete the dataset. We also reserve the right to block
your access to RADAR4Chem if you act in contravention of these user instructions.